Friday, September 14, 2007

Drinking Pumpkins. Issue #15

With the first day of Fall greeting us on the 23rd, my favorite season has shown glimpses lately of arriving early in very untraditional forms. The most important one being from which I have had a spiritual battle stemming within regarding if I should tell people about or not. Not that I don't like sharing the love, but more from a selfish standpoint from which I fear not being able to find any once I get others (if anyone listens to me) on the in and in. What I'm talking about here is the first sighting in the wild of Elysian Brewery's seasonal "Night Owl" Pumpkin Beer. Finding this stuff is like watching General Patraeus give his review on the progress in Iraq, and believing that Bush wasn't going to give him a cookie afterwards. Not easy.

I don't care if you don't like flavored beers, you'll like this unless you don't good things, Fall, or babies. Everyone likes babies. Seriously, this stuff is REALLY hard to find but has been spotted in the wild in the last week at Thriftway in Lake Forest Park, and the organic co-op in downtown Everett.
Also, it should be on tap at one of my favorite places, The Old Town Alehouse in Ballard. Not to sweet, not to spicy, just right with that hint of pumpkin amongst all the yeasty goodness. I myself grabbed 3 (they're big) last week and felt like I scored the whole day. Oh no, maybe I built this up to big to deliver (kinda like watching The Blair Witch Project after those Domino's commercials). Really though, it's AMAZING and I don't throw that word around just for anything like many annoyingly do, but that's for another blog rant (time and place...time and place). If anything, take it on faith...you'll love it! Patrick, am I lying?


I'm really looking forward to Gigi Edgley flying up this weekend to continue work on "The Project I Can't Talk About Yet". It's interesting how you can go about your daily life with one had constantly covering you mouth.
I don't have to much longer though because during her visit she will be having a Q&A/signing at THE COMIC STOP in Lynnwood to announce what she's been working on and then I can let everyone know. She'll be there on Saturday from 3:00-5:00 talking with people and answering questions if anyone is interested in attending. I'm pretty excited to talk about it next week and I think you'll like it too.

I also spent a couple of days last week finalizing booking the dates for the mid-October tour that TJ SHERRILL and I will be embarking on starting in Idaho on the 11th. We've been trying to come up with a tour name, and so far they only thing that sounds good is The "Those Aren't Pillows" tour Fall 2007 (R.I.P John Candy). Any suggestions? If so, leave me a comment! We're also throwing around some ideas for songs that we can do together at the end of the night, and the only one I can think of at this point is "500 Miles" by The Proclaimers. I don't know if it will work though because only one of us wears glasses some of the time and it just wouldn't be right.

Speaking of "right", I forgot to mention that Penal Code #8675309 in the state of Washington says that it's illegal to enjoy a pumpkin beer before the first day October. Some things are right, and that's just not.

See you next week!

-Kyle

No comments: