Monday, September 10, 2007

Get Your Dance On! Issue #14

The CD is done! Yep, Brian (who did the design) and I just got back from meeting with the wonderful folks down at Discmakers and it's officially off to the printers. YEAH! Last Thursday I met with Mark Guenther for the final step at Seattle Disc Mastering to add that little bit of shine that mastering provides. It was good to see him again as he did a LT album back in 1999. We both couldn't believe that it had been 10 years, but also had to believe it as time seems to be flying by at a record pace these days. Wouldn't you agree? Needless to say he did a great job and I'm VERY pleased with the results of what will be my first solo release. Currently, I am working on a release show for you all to attend in the near future to get your rock on...keep and ear to the ground.

I'm thinking now would be a good time to let you know that the E.P. will be called
"SONGS FROM THE ORANGE ROOM". Yes, that is a real place, and yes you need a treasure map to get there so start digging...

It was nice to cap off a couple of months of staring at the walls of the studio by getting away this past weekend to attend the wedding of my good friend Rich Harrison or "Rich-Lovin". And yes, we did have this name years before SUPERBAD'S "McLovin" so don't front...

Anyways, early Saturday morning Mandi and I caught the ferry at Anacortes and caught up on some X-Men on the way (Wolverine is gonna go crazy next month...not to be missed (snort, snort)) The wedding was at Rosario for those of you who have been near there, and started at 4:00 atop a beautiful bluff surrounded by water. Short, sweet, and beautiful was the ceremony and then it was off to get our dance on. When I say dance on, I mean DANCE ON. No joke, I'm still sore from dancing for what I swear to God was at least 5 hours straight. It reminded me of my days dancing in Pioneer Square in booty shorts for free fries at the J&M. It seems like a lifetime ago really...


I really like weddings because it's kinda a reminder of why you did the do in the first place, but REALLY like it because it's the guaranteed place where I know FOR SURE/REALS that I'm gonna hear mass amounts of early-90's R&B in a row. For those of you who don't know that about me, it's kinda a fetish. I can't get enough TLC, Montel Jordan, Adina Howard, Wrexx-N-Effex, Blackstreet (any Teddy Reilly really), Early Snoop, Onyx, Shai...When these groups come on THIS WHITE BOY WILL MOVE. I promise you that. I think I'm hearing a playlist in my future...


I woke up the next morning feeling great after sweating out a good amount of wine that would normally put me in a "Hot Mess" (thanks Noah for the update on the slang the kids are saying these days and helping me move on from "Sike"), and went to breakfast with my other good friend Noah Katka and his girlfriend Shannon. Noah and I go way back from when he used to date Mandi's sister (now in Greece), and I also used to live with him and Richard. The only time in my life when I thought it was a good idea to shave my head was when I lived with these guys, and once every other week we would buzz each other on the weekend. It was very brotherly...

After breakfast we hiked to the top of Mt. Constitution (I'm sorry, I mean drove) for what was a breath-taking panoramic view of the San Juan's and parts of Canada. It was really pretty, and I was glad my Grandma said she'd yell at me if I didn't go see it. See pictures below (not of my Grandma yelling at me)...

All in all, it was a great weekend and a good feeling of accomplishment in finishing what I feel is a mile-marker in my career.

Now I just have to see if you like it... :)

More album news next week!

-K




No comments: