Wednesday, March 5, 2008

COLLIDER Debut/ RPM Challenge 2008 Wrap-Up! Issue #39



GRAT-I-TUDE |'grate,t(y)ood|
noun
The quality of being thankful; ready to show appreciation for and to return kindness.
ORIGIN Late Middle English: From Old French, or from medieval Latin gratitudo from Latin gratus 'pleasing, thankful.'



A huge THANK YOU to all the fans who came out to see my new band, COLLIDER, at The SHOWBOX last Saturday for what was one of the biggest shows I have done in recent years. The SHOWBOX is an amazing venue and I appreciate all the feedback I've received on the band and the new songs. As I've stated many times before, COLLIDER is the harder rock outlet for my music and it felt good to crank up the amps in such a great space with everyone's good energy to receive it. We couldn't have asked for a better debut show, and if you missed it and/or want some new music you can check it out and download live Mp3's of the show HERE!
Once you get familiar with them you can join us at our next show on March 23rd for a night with my good friend ALEX NACKMAN (NYC) at The SHOWBOX Sodo Lounge.


Saturday was also the day I shipped my RPM Challenge 2008 album off in the mail thus closing a month of insane recording and songwriting. I say insane because never before had I thought I write and record a whole album (10 songs) in 29 days. What started off as a slow process really picked up halfway through the month as melodies and song ideas started to flood my little brain faster than I could get them down (if you don't believe me, then know that this weeks goal will be to learn HOW TO ACTUALLY PLAY THEM.)
Having no expectations, I can say that it turned out WAY better than I could have hoped it would and gave me some new perspective on what I can achieve in a short period of time with focus (and a lot of pressure)! Surprisingly, I feel that it is some of my best work, and what was to be just for me as an experiment has come together as a group of songs I'm in love with and want to get out to people to enjoy as well. I had no previous plans on getting a new album out so soon after SONGS FROM THE ORANGE ROOM, but I may have to rethink that...I'll keep you posted.

Before I go I want to report that GIGI EDGLEY's new album "...SO IT SEEMS" (which I produced and co-wrote) has finally made it to iTunes! If you haven't yet checked it out, I think you'll like it...


Enjoy the Sun!

KS








1 comment:

Brian Meredith said...

I am so bummed that I missed this show... stupid work!