Monday, July 21, 2008

2 x 4. Issue #59

Hey! Last week I released a new single, "VOUCH FOR ME", and the feedback I've received sounds like people are really feeling it. That's makes me happy, and if you don't already have your copy you can receive your MP3 download by joining the email list! Moving on...

This Friday (7/25) I will be performing at HOTWIRE COFFEE in Shoreline as part of their summer concert series with TJ SHERRILL opening. The Show is FREE, starts at 7:30, and is ALL-AGES. HOTWIRE now serves beer and wine (still family-friendly) as well as the usual coffee house staples so come thirsty. It's been a while since my last acoustic show (other than my last minute one a few weeks ago), and I'm looking forward to stripping down songs off of SONGS FROM THE ORANGE ROOM, new songs, and a choice cover. So choice in fact, I thought it might be kinda fun if readers of this blog picked it for me since I'm feeling a little indecisive. If you care about this sort of thing, vote which song I'll play on Friday via the widget to the right. I'm in an 80's mood this week if that helps you understand what I'm going for here...

Last week I had a meeting with TECHNOGREEK (see blog sidebar) regarding our project that revolves around music and how it can blend with comics/geek/pop-culture. More about this as we get closer to some sort of a final product, but we left the meeting feeling energized about the possibility of doing something that could be pretty original in it's application. We all know few things are these days, so the more we move forward the more it feels like lightning in a bottle. More on this later...




I was able to indulge my inner EN VOGUE fantasy other day at my good friend Joe Malek's B-Day outing with some Karaoke. After seeing a woman perform a Roberta Flack song with one the most soulful voices I have heard a while, I asked her to join me and had an interpretation of "Free Your Mind". It was AWESOME, and got that much closer to my early 90's R&B cover band.


The Wifey and I celebrated our 4th wedding anniversary at IMPANEMA in downtown Seattle and rolled (not walked) out of there in a meat coma. Technogreek referred us, and it truly was different than any dinner I have ever been too. For those of you who need a little more info before heading out, here you go...

You are greeted at the door by a woman with incredibly bleached highlights and welcomed by the sweet smell of grilled meats. She asks you if you've been there, and it will ask you three more times before you can read through her strong Brazilian accent leaving you feeling even more white than you did before. After being seated, you are given a card to keep at your table which has different colored sides from which to signal your meat-bearing waiters. On one side is the color green which will tells them, "Bring on the meats"! The other side is a red warning, "Stop or I've going to lose my meats right here". The ONLY reason that would happen is if you over-indulge in their 16 meat selection (That's what she said?) as one-by-one skewers are brought to your table every few minutes impaling Wild Boar, Filet Mignon (and every kind of steak imaginable), Bacon Wrapped Turkey, Sausage, Chicken, and many others to satisfy the most carnivorous appetite. I can't remember ever feeling so full (meat intoxication), and make sure if you go you are starving to make it fully worth the visit (kinda pricey). Delicious!


This week also comes with a public service announcement...MAKE CAMPING RESERVATIONS AHEAD OF TIME. That is unless you want to spend 9 hours driving around north Washington looking for a campsite only to return home the shamed warrior. The Wifey and I decided to further celebrate our anniversary by going camping...next time planning ahead a little more. Not all bad though, we got up early Saturday on a quest to find a site by heading down I-90 for a few hours that turned out to be just right after bathing in "Deep Woods" Cutter. Oh, it burns...it burns...

Have a good week!

KS

2 comments:

wicked juan said...

I'm totally grooving on the new single, Kyle. Great, great tune!

kylestevensmusic said...

Thanks Juan!