Tuesday, February 3, 2009

NYC Bound! Issue #87



If it sounds like I'm out of breath, it's because I've been running all over the place this morning getting ready for the KIRBY KRACKLE debut convention at the New York Comic Con. The farthest east I've been is Arkansas, so you can imagine my excitement heading off to a city I've always wanted to visit. Jim Demonakos and I will be setting up show at booth #2263 all three days of the con, so it would be great to see some of you New Yorkers stop by and say hi! www.kirbykracklemusic.com

The plan with KK is to head where the action is and that's just what we're doing followed up by the next con at the end of the month in San Francisco. Though I've been performing and recording for the last 16 years, all insight goes out the window as supporting a cd made of comic related themes changes the entire game. Last Saturday we had the KK CD Release show at The Comic Stop in Lynnwood and I think everyone had a laugh and a titled-head-huh? as we busted out an hour's worth of music with songs ranging from ukulele dipped Zombie attacks to playing Nintendo Wii in the nude. Check out the pics and video!











Last Wednesday was another day of firsts as I was asked to perform the National Anthem at the Everett Silvertips Hockey game @ Comcast Arena. You know the cliche about someone forgetting the words right as they step up to sing? Yeah, there's a reason why there is one. What was only a second in real time felt like 5 years in my head, and then from there on I was happy with how it went. The crowd seemed to enjoy it and I was happy to have the opportunity to branch out in a different avenue of performing. It may be something to do more than every 29 years...





I hope everyone has a great week. It seems that more and more friends and acquaintances have been losing their jobs in the past few weeks. If that's you I'm sorry. I empathize more than you know because I went through that a few years ago and I know it's anything but fun. People would tell me that stuff would get better and I didn't always believe them until I was fortunate enough to be given an opportunity that I couldn't have known to hope for. I guess what I'm saying is that we're all worthy of that. I hope that everyone having a hard time right now finds that in their life/next employment situation, and try not to buy into the fear that is sold daily even though it's hard as hell to resist.

Much Love,

KS

1 comment:

Elwood said...

Break a leg in NYC! Represent!